As part of Institute Diversity’s Center for Student Diversity and Inclusion, OHI provides programs and pathways to success for the Hispanic/Latino community at Georgia Tech, primarily current and prospective students and their families, faculty, and staff.
OHI seeks to:
- Assist in recruiting high-achieving, talented Hispanic/Latino students.
- Enrich the educational experience for Hispanic/Latino students by fostering an inclusive and supportive environment.
- Offer programs and events to help Hispanic/Latino students grow academically, personally, and professionally.
- Prepare Hispanic/Latino students for success after graduation.
Supported by private foundation funds, OHI offers the following programs:
- The Goizueta Foundation Scholarships – Designed to increase and retain the number of Hispanic/Latino undergraduate students at Georgia Tech.
- The Goizueta Foundation Fellowships – Designed to increase and retain the number of Hispanic/Latino doctoral students at Georgia Tech.
OHI hosts and sponsors events that enhance students’ lives beyond the classroom and engage the campus community, including:
- Latino Welcome Celebration – Welcomes new and returning Hispanic/Latino students at the start of fall semester with food, music, raffles, live entertainment, and informational tables for student organizations and corporate sponsors.
- Hispanic Heritage Month – Features a series of events for students, faculty, and staff from mid-September to mid-October, including the Hispanic Heritage Month Panel, Mini World Cup, and Closing Banquet.